Kenyatta University lays emphasis in the societal development of an individual and as such has established the Orphans and Vulnerable Students (OVS) Scholarship fund to cater for the less privileged but deserving persons to pursue higher education at Kenyatta University.
Through the OVS Scholarship Fund, Kenyatta University has set out to make a difference by investing in the education of the orphans and vulnerable students to enable them take up their rightful places in the future and for posterity.
The goal of the OVS Scholarship Fund is to increase access to university education at Kenyatta University for orphans and vulnerable students through a scholarship endowment fund.
The specific objectives of the OVS Scholarship Fund are:
- To enhance access of OVS to higher education
- To invest in the OVS who have high potential.
- To support OVS to accomplish their life ambitions by attaining higher education.
- Be enrolled into a full time degree programme at Kenyatta University or its constituent campuses.
- Be twenty-five (25) years or below
- Meet the required cluster points for the programme applied for.
- Be in genuine need for financial assistance.
- Sustain high academic achievement.
- Be a Kenyan citizen or permanent resident of Kenya.
- Update the Financial Aid Office with academic performance at the end of the year.
- Maintain high level of discipline while under the scholarship.
- Complete an application form for Kenyatta University Student Aid by the set deadline.
Apply by: 3rd July.
For more information and application, visit: Kenyatta University OVS Scholarship Website