Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information Powered By GSpeech

Undergraduate Courses Programs offered at Makerere University

Makerere University the oldest and most prestigious university in Uganda offers a number of courses/academic programs for undergraduate study. They are listed below by College and whether they are day or evening.

1. COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES

SCM-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
STE-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING
CMP-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING
CSD-DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING SURVEYING
FIN-BACHELOR OF INDUSTRIAL AND FINE ARTS

Parallel Programmes
(Classes are conducted both during the Day and in the Afternoon)
CIA-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING

BMR-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MEDICAL RADIOGRAPHY
BSL-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY
BEH-BACHELOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCE

7. COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES

Day Programmes
MAS-BACHELOR OF JOURNALISM & COMMUNICATION
ARS-BACHELOR OF ARTS (ARTS)
BTM-BACHELOR OF TOURISM
DVS-BACHELOR OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
MUS-BACHELOR OF ARTS IN MUSIC
DRM-BACHELOR OF ARTS IN DRAMA
MDD-DIPLOMA IN MUSIC, DANCE AND DRAMA
BCO-BACHELOR OF COMMUNITY PSYCHOLOGY
BIP-BACHELOR OF INDUSTRIAL AND ORGANISATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
SOC-BACHELOR OF SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIAL ADMINISTRATION
ASS-BACHELOR OF ARTS (SOCIAL SCIENCES)

Evening Programmes
MAE-BACHELOR OF JOURNALISM & COMMUNICATION
ARE-BACHELOR OF ARTS (ARTS)
BTE-BACHELOR OF TOURISM
DVE-BACHELOR OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
MUE-BACHELOR OF ARTS IN MUSIC
DRE-BACHELOR OF ARTS IN DRAMA
MDE-DIPLOMA IN MUSIC, DANCE AND DRAMA
BEP-BACHELOR OF COMMUNITY PSYCHOLOGY
BOP-BACHELOR OF INDUSTRIAL AND ORGANISATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
ASE-BACHELOR OF ARTS (SOCIAL SCIENCES)

8. COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES

VET-BACHELOR OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
WHM-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN WILDLIFE HEALTH AND MANAGEMENT

Evening Programmes
BLT-BACHELOR OF BIOMEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
BAT-BACHELOR OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT

Archive

84 Responses to "Undergraduate Courses Programs offered at Makerere University"

1. Mbusa Jonathan  December 24, 2011 at 9:56 am

You earlier on advertised for the course called Ethics and Human Rights,is this advert still standing or it was lifted,thank you in advance,am interested in the course.

2. Musisi jimmy  April 3, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Pliz do u offer international relations and diplomacy as a humanitarian course? Im obsessed to handle it out

3. najjuma kevin frances  April 23, 2012 at 9:58 am

Please let me know the details for the Bachelors’ in Human Nutrition 2012. I would like to enroll.
    Fees structure , course content,e.t.c. Which room No. to i go to at The Senate Building?

4. Adam  April 26, 2012 at 11:04 am

Please get all the necessary information for Bsc: in Meteorology..length of the course and entry requirements….

Thanks

5. Chandiga Moses  April 27, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Hi, please i would like to get more info on Barchlor of science in Quantitative Econs including tuition fees, cut-off points! I’m interested in the course.

6. MUTABAZI COMFORT  May 1, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Pliz i need details of BIO SYSTEM ENGENEERING

7. NSANGABANDI Erneste  May 8, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Can you register me In ingeering?

8. Umuhoza Marie Aimee  May 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Hi, please i would like to get more info on STM-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING including tuition fees, cut-off points! I’m interested in the course.Thanks

9. MARYAM SALUM  May 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm

hellow…i need to get more information on diploma course in acconts courses,including tuition fees,cutts of point.

10. okumu raymond  May 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I just wanted to know what to do to register for a Bachelor of Architecture at makerere university for 2013 August intake.How is this done on private sponsor?

11. ASIIMWE ANTHEN  May 15, 2012 at 12:16 pm

DO you offer diploma in filmography c0z iwould like to do it and what is the tiution fee, cut off point.

12. atuheire moreen  May 22, 2012 at 11:21 am

am a graduate of urban planning l would like to divert to the economics section what masters course can l do or what is the best option for me to undertake at masters level.

13. Ataro-Olula George  May 25, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I’m a residence of Pader District. I would like to know whether you have started recieving applications for privately sponsored students at your University.
    Is it possible to apply on-line?

Thx I’m eagerly awaits for your response.

14. Ataro-Olula George  May 25, 2012 at 2:51 pm

What are the requirements for BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology?
    Please let me know the cost of its tuition fee too.

15. Edepi Emily  July 4, 2012 at 9:55 am

Hello,i would like to know the requirements for BCOM-external(BACHELOR OF COMMERCE)including the tution fee,cut-off points and how the program runs for the academic year 2012/2013.
    THANKS

16. Korir Sammy  July 9, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I have a diploma in Information Studies from Eldoret Polytechnic in Kenya and I want to enroll for Bachelor of Library and Information Science under distance learning.Is it possible?

17. munyengabe  July 11, 2012 at 1:11 pm

i Thank u so much. I have a diploma in Electromechanical from Rwanda and I want to continue my study in your University.
    So,i would like to know if you have the week end program for Bachelor degree in electrical?
    I thank you.

18. waiswa david  July 14, 2012 at 7:53 am

hi, am david by name, a diploma graduate in agroforestry from Nyabyeya Forestry College. I would like to know more about the course called Entomoforestry; study duration, tuition and entry requirements and type of program as well. thank you

19. Julius Mose  July 25, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I am Julius Mose a clinical officer with HND in ENT diseases. I am currently working at Kenyatta National Hospital Nairobi. The hospital is sponsoring me to study in speech and language pathology in any university in Africa.I would like to know the admission criteria and if possible the fees structure, I forward the information to the hospital for my consideration.Thank you.

20. ekau simon  July 28, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I would like to know details about distance learning especially Diploma in Public Administration.
    Does Makerere also have a Centre in Mbale or Soroti?

I would request you to send me also the details

Thank you.

21. swasco luena  August 1, 2012 at 5:20 am

its ok with what you doing but what about dicrsing the amount of fiz

22. karibuni Geoffrey  August 6, 2012 at 5:03 pm

i want to know why i was admitted your unversty

23. NAHIAMANA Christian  August 11, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Please i would like to get more information for BLT-Bachelor of Biomedical laboratory Technology.

24. Ongwech Churchill Isaac  August 18, 2012 at 10:38 am

When will the application form for the next academic year be available?

25. JACK NELSON GARCIA  August 25, 2012 at 12:00 pm

hi, am ugandan, partytime working in DRC. jack by name. i would like to know much about certificat program in land surveying course, the duration and tuitionfee in a distance or online studies please keep me enrool as possible early next month.

26. simaya ladu james  September 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm

iam a south sudanese who would like to upgrate in bachelor of sci in public health so can you please give me the details of it.
    this details should include the following.
    titution fees
    entry requirement
    application procedure
    program ie full time or distance
    thanks
    the naxt intake

27. musinguzi Festo  September 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Is it possible to do masters in accounting and finance when some has bsced chem and math

28. cole gabriel  September 28, 2012 at 3:46 pm

i would like to do a degree course in project planning and management.Do you offer this course, if so,what are the requirements for one to qualify for it.
    thanks.

29. Mutegeki Solomon  November 7, 2012 at 6:26 am

I did a Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering, would you please help me find out if i can be granted a vacancy for bachelors in the same field? How can i apply on line, please send me details of the course requirements if possible. i.e. Tuition, Required Points, and other relevant info. thanks

• Kibirige james  October 19, 2014 at 9:49 am

Hello, iwould like to know wheatha u have certificate course in telecommunication engineering ?????? thanks

30. opio kenneth  November 13, 2012 at 9:21 pm

am finishing diploma in accounting next year 2013 may can i join immedietly and what are requirements i need to meet

31. Okumu emmanuel  December 14, 2012 at 11:42 am

Hello, do you offer degree in public administration evening?

32. nestory solile  December 25, 2012 at 11:47 am

canknow the fee stracture of master degree in business admnistration.

33. Wasige Siraji  December 30, 2012 at 8:02 am

I would like to do a course related to environmental health and safety. Do you offer such a course

34. kayiwa samuel  March 2, 2013 at 2:55 pm

i would like to inquire about law. to known when the pre-entirys will be sat for this years intake and which point is one expected to have

35. Lwetutte  March 14, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I hold a diploma in primary education,(math agri.).i would like 2 be given me a list ov long distance bachelor courses that i can pursue.

36. okori bonniface  March 22, 2013 at 8:02 pm

please get me details of BACHELOR OF BIOMEDICAL SCEINCE .thanks

37. jonah nkalubo  March 22, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I jst want 2 know more about actuarial science

38. Deogratias  March 25, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Do you have public administration and management at undergraduate level. Secondly Do you have a study centre in Mbale or Soroti
    Thanks

39. kalamagi godwin  March 29, 2013 at 9:14 am

Do you have intrigecy at undergraduatelevel.If so how is the program?

40. TIBITA LENARD  April 4, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Iam Tibita Lenard persuing a diploma in crop production and mgt,which course can I take after this

41. Irene  April 8, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Please i would like to enroll for public administration,is there a programme for weekend lessons and how much is it..thanks, or human rights and ethics too.. Please i would loveto know whats needed i will be obliged if i got my reply… thanks

42. Gosego Ramotshabi  April 9, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I would like to know if i can do Bachelor of Records and Archives Management online? If so how do i go about it?

43. jesse  April 14, 2013 at 1:40 pm

hi,would lyk to know abt pha.Cut points and tuition fees

44. edwardssemakula  April 27, 2013 at 3:54 pm

i need advice i need acourse that i can do alongside my career.am amusician

45. NOGGA ALLAN  April 29, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO ENLIGHT ME ON THE COURSE ACCA AND ITS TUTION FEE PLUS OTHER FEES. AMLOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING THE UNIVERSITY AND WHEN IS THE INTAKE FOR THE CANDIDATES WHO SAT THEIR UACE IN 2012

46. humphrey  May 7, 2013 at 12:42 pm

do you offer a bachelors in graphic designing

47. humphrey  May 7, 2013 at 12:49 pm

is it possible to apply on line

48. ruth amanda ng'ang'a  May 13, 2013 at 8:54 pm

i would like to know if you offer fashion design…..and when the intake is going to be because i would like to join the university….please also inform me on the fees structure for the course

49. okot deo gratious  May 16, 2013 at 10:26 am

I like you guys to help me out, I did my UACE last year(2012).. BAG/Art.. and I got 11pont, with 1.1.4.4.1 respectively.. so i would like you to help me spot out the courses that am qualified for.. thanks

50. Dennis B  May 27, 2013 at 12:53 pm

What are the requirements for Bachelor of Tourism and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science?????????/

51. KIIRYA BULASIYO  May 29, 2013 at 8:43 am

do u offere web design/ internet programing?
    if so am I too late to apply now?

52. dan  May 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm

do you offer a bachelors in catering?

53. Tumwesge vicent  May 30, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Can I get bachelor of international business at MUK but not MUBS?

54. Kyomugisha Gift  June 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm

can i apply fr information technology at muk wen i offerd arts subjects

55. PEACE  June 9, 2013 at 10:21 pm

hi , is there any course related to Child Development,,,,, i badly need to do it

56. ursula80@ymail.com  July 22, 2013 at 11:46 pm

would like to do aprogramme of masters art and design do you offer by reach

57. christine  August 14, 2013 at 6:58 am

how much is diploma in library and information science, and the duration of the course

58. Chol Dau Mawuer  August 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Thanks in advance for the update. i have got all the informations that i need regarding Makerere University and for sure. i’m fully satisfied.
    Thank very much.
    Chol (A South Sudanese expatriate to Kenya)

59. Jackson Wandi Angamunda  October 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Am Wandi Jackson Just wanted to enquire some thing from you concerning additional knowledge (short course of 14days on accounting software. If the offer is available please keep me informed with all the details includes plan and tuition fee.

waiting for your urgent reply so that I can Prepared

60. KABONGO BRIAN  October 22, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Well my sis is doing PEM/COMP, can she be admited on B.SCI CIVIL ENG or not? And please enlight me on the structure of weighting system 2014-2015 and government sponsorship cut off points for all engeneering programs at CEDAT especially ELECTRICAL, TELECOM, CIVIL among others, thx.

61. Balijawa Alan  November 23, 2013 at 1:16 pm

please i would like to know if u got any networking course. Thank you

62. sseppuya muzafal  November 29, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Is there government sponsorships in arts subjects at makerere

I sat S.6 this year 2013
    History
    Islam
    Luganda
    ICT
    I want computer engineerin, law or business computing. Can i take one of those courses on government and with how many points ?

63. Georgia Lenny  February 27, 2014 at 11:08 am

kindly send me more information on aquatic fisheries and science.

64. Agom Paul  March 13, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE SCHOOL OF LAW. IAM IN HIGH SCHOOL OFFERING GEA/ICT WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AND MAKE ME KNOW THE ESSENAL SUBJECT

65. omia samuel  March 31, 2014 at 9:12 pm

can i apply for an ordinary diploma in either water, biomedical or electrical engineering for day programe at makerere

66. bwenene angella  April 18, 2014 at 5:01 pm

which course is appropriate for me with f/n i got A,biology B, and chemistry D, submaths 4,G.P 5

67. KOBUSINGYE MONICAH  April 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Good evening,i would like to know the cutoff points for the following courses;Mass communication,Developmental studies ,Arts in social sciences and public relations .thank you

68. Mugisa Justin  May 16, 2014 at 5:18 pm

hi,l would like to know the courses l can can do when l offer combination of PEM at A’level.

69. faisal  June 17, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I would like to know weather ‘INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND DIPLOMATIC STUDIES’ is offered at the campus and it’s details ie, tuition etc

70. angry birds epic unlimited coins  July 20, 2014 at 9:01 am

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative
    in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

71. AZAZ OMER ABAS  August 11, 2014 at 2:21 pm

may i get information on offering in science with education; entry requirement, applying, fees structure.

72. KUSIIMA.B.HENRY FRANCIS  August 22, 2014 at 4:46 pm

May i know when the application for the mature entry would commence?

• Gerald B  November 17, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Hello,

mature age entry applications for Makerere University have started. Application deadline is 5th December and the entry examinations are on 20th December 2014.

Below are more details
      The Academic Registrar, Makerere University, wishes to announce that the Mature Age entry scheme examinations for the Academic Year 2015/2016 entry will be held on Saturday 20th December, 2014.

To be eligible for the Mature Age entry examinations, the candidate must be at least 25 years old before 1st August, 2015.

Application forms for those intending to sit the examinations are issued at the university, room 505, senate building on payment of non-refundable application fees of shs.150,000/= using makerere university bank paying-in slips in the following banks:-

Please see Downloads for the full announcement and application form.

The closing date for submitting the completed application forms is Friday 5th December, 2014.

Further details may be obtained from Level 5, Room 505, Senate Building, Makerere University.

– See more at: http://news.mak.ac.ug/2014/08/mature-age-entry-applications-20152016#sthash.Xupyuvdm.dpuf

73. eng kayemba henry  November 4, 2014 at 11:25 pm

If one has a credit ordinary diploma in electrical engineering from uganda technical college kichwamba, for how long will he take to get a degree in electrical engineering? state clearing the tuition and and other course (s) that are communtative to the same course. thanks by eng kayemba Henry uganda jinja.

74. Madada hatibu  November 7, 2014 at 8:35 pm

I need to join makerere for the course of construction management but its late for this semester is it possible to joint next semester?

75. jacob  December 11, 2014 at 12:07 pm

please let me know about public health environmental studies in Uganda and the cost as well for the Diploma

76. Pingback: Online Courses Offered At Uganda | Top Business Degrees

77. Awau Agnes  December 18, 2014 at 12:04 pm

i am working and wanted to study at the same time.i would like to enroll for a course in Bachelors of community psychology and social works and social administration on weekend program is this possible?

78. Chris  January 3, 2015 at 7:20 pm

am Grade 111 teacher with a certificate good performance but in o level i had only 3 passes now i would like to do a degree in development studies .do i qaulify for the course i want to do am asking this because my o level wasn’t so good but with the grade 111 all is ok so i don’t know whether they will consider o level so much yet they say equavalent to…..

79. Chris  January 3, 2015 at 7:42 pm

please help me and guide me accordingly because am so worried yet i want to go back for further studies.in o level i got eng 8,christian religion 9,history 9,geography 6,math 9,physics 9,chemistry 9,biology 9 and art 6 .47 aggregates devision 4 then in grade iii teachers’ certificate i got foundation of educ 6,language 8,social studies 3,science educ 6,maths 9,cultural educ 8, aggregates 40 result D TEACHING PRACTICE B overall pass. NOW i would love to offer degree on development studies,public administration,or human resource management DO I QUALIFY FOR ANY OF THESE COURSE I WANT TO DO IT AT MAKERERE UNIV

80. Nailah Abdul  February 17, 2015 at 9:27 am

IM interesting in Bachelor of information Technology I want to know fee structure

81. kamihingo mark williams  March 1, 2015 at 5:28 pm

can i get a degree course in BRA O RAM

82. Mambu Momoh  March 3, 2015 at 9:02 pm

I owned a diploma in medical laboratory Sciences from polytechnic in Sierra Leone, seven years experience in molecular diagnosis in the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever(VHF) lab kenema Sierra Leone supported by VHF consortium based in U.S and an Instructor at Eastern polytechnic college Sierra Leone.
    Please advice me where appropriate to start in the same field of Biomedical Laboratory Technology. Thanks.