Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to Uganda Multimedia News & Information Powered By GSpeech
internet advertising

Course Level: Undergraduate, Master’s, PhD, split-site (PhD)

Scholarship Provider: UK Department for International Development (DFID)
Scholarship can be taken at: UK Universities

Eligibility: -Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
• Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
• Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
• Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree AND
• For clinical training in the fields of medicine and dentistry, have qualified as a doctor or dentist between 1 October 2002 and 30 September 2007. Please see http://bit.ly/cscuk-apply for fellowship opportunities if you qualified before October 2002. The Commission wishes to promote equal opportunity, gender equity and cultural exchange. Applications are welcomed from the many different races and origins that comprise the Commonwealth’s rich variety of cultures, traditions and institutions.

Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes

Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Yes (commonwealth developing countries)

Scholarship Description: This prospectus describes the Commonwealth Scholarships offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom for citizens of other Commonwealth countries in 2012-2013. Separate programmes and prospectuses exist for the scholarships offered by distance learning and on a shared funding basis, and for short mid-career fellowships, both academic and professional, offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. Please visit the information on Commonwealth Scholarships offered by other Commonwealth countries, please visit the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP).Support for study towards an undergraduate degree in the United Kingdom for citizens of the Falkland Islands, Maldives, St Helena and the Seychelles. Nomination is through the national Common wealth Scholarship agency A full list of universities and other organisations invited to nominate can be found on the CSC website. Those wishing to be considered for inclusion in the list of universities and other organisations invited should contact the Executive Secretary of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.

Apply by Online or by Post

Scholarship Application Deadline: No later than 21 December 2011

Further Scholarship Information and Application

Posted by on July 28, 2011. Filed under Africa scholarships,Arts/Humanities Scholarships,East Africa Scholarships,Masters Scholarships,PhD Scholarships,Scholarships,Sciences Scholarships,Uganda Scholarships,Undergraduate Scholarships. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

9 Responses to UK 2012-2013 Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Country Citizens

1. Guma Kandole Nicholas Reply

November 5, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I am a Ugandan male aged 32 holding a second class upper Bachelor of Social Work and Social Administration from Uganda Christian University working with Bundibugyo District Local Government as a Sub county Chief, I need scholarship for a Master in Public administration in any recognized University

2. Fikru Temtimu Reply

November 17, 2011 at 5:41 pm

To: Scholarship Committee

Dear Sir/Madam

My Name is Fikru Temtimu. I am technical assistant at Dela University one of Ethiopian Higher institution and I have Diploma in agriculture plant science is my specialization. I completed my Diploma in August, 2009 and then I became technical Assistant in Dela University school of Agriculture and until now i serve as laboratory technician.

CURRICULUM VITAE
    name: Fikru
    last name:Temtimu
    birth date: 1/5/1992
    gender: male
    Status: single
    nationality: Ethiopia
    cell phone: +251 921134189
    email: fkrtmt@gmail.com

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
    Diploma: agriculture (plant science)
    university: Dela University
    grade: Great Distinction, GPA: out of 4.00/4.00

I like to specialize in field related with Agriculture. I choice this field to solve the problem of skilled man power scarcity existing in my country & otain deep knowledge about agriculture to create different research to obtain new technology.

I will highly appreciate to your respond

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    please i need application form.

• editor Reply

November 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Please read the scholarship carefully and send the application to the right address provided.

3. Twijukye Abert Reply

December 6, 2011 at 7:01 pm

1. To: Scholarship Committee
    Dear Sir/Madam
    My Name is Twijukye Abert. I am undertaking a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration in the first semester, first year at Uganda Christian University Mukono-Bishop Barham University College Kabale Centre. I am a poor Ugandan, a 4th born from the family of 16 children from the same peasant mother, the same peasant father who can’t afford paying school fees. Just from my casual labour I have managed to pay half of the University fees, we are sitting for end of 1st semester examinations in January/February 2012. I am praying to have any sympathizer who could assist and pay for me so that I could complete my Bachelor of Business Administration Course

CURRICULUM VITAE
    Name: Twijukye
    Last Name: Abert
    Birth date: 30th May 1974
    Gender: Male
    Nationality: Ugandan
    cell phone: +256-75 295 3908/+256 -702 953 908
    email: abertconsults@yahoo.com
    EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
    university: Uganda Christian University Mukono at Bishop Barham University Centre Kabale in South Western Uganda
    I wish to specialize in Business administration sector because this sector I would use it to alleviate poverty from my community and from the people who have the same problem like mine. After completion and when I get employment, I shall be able to contribute generously to the needy people and organizations who are really badly off
    Your positive and generous support shall be highly appreciated.
    If at all you have any application form to fill, my email address is the best or my Telephone has been included for reference.
    Thank you for consideration.
    Yours
    Twijukye Abert.
    Applicant.

4. Nyakuni Peter Reply

December 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm

My name is Nyakuni Peter. I hold a credit higher diploma in comprehensive Nursing and would like to pursue Bachelor of science in Nursing in 2012-2013 academic year so as to offer advanced Nursing practice. i currently work in Arua Regional Referral Hospital. can you help kindly get for me a scholarship opportunity to pursue the deree.

Thanks.

+256 782 930 851

5. Josephine Maziya Reply

December 27, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I have just received a scholarship newsletter informing me that application for masters scholarship is open until the 12th of May 2012 but I can’t access an application form. Please help with access to the scholarship application process.

6. ssemakula frank Reply

July 18, 2012 at 11:01 am

am ssemakula frank from U

7. ssemakula frank Reply

July 18, 2012 at 11:03 am

Am frank from Uganda,i have just completed a diploma in telecommunications engineering,am looking for a scholarship for a bachelors degree in telecom or electrical engineering,i need your assistance please

8. Nassolo Joanita Reply

August 16, 2012 at 9:10 am

Iam Nassolo Joanita with the registration number 09/u/4598/eve from Makerere university and am graduating in January 2013. i am requesting Makerere university to nominate me for a masters commonwealth scholarship for 2013-2014.Iwill be very gratefull.