Apply for Hilde Back Education Fund for Secondary School
Hilde Back Education Fund: Thousands of bright children in Kenya especially in the rural areas continue to drop out of primary and secondary school because of lack of funds. Hilde Back Education Fund (HBEF) is a charitable community-based group registered under the laws of Kenya to pursue the following objectives:
- To provide education scholarships and other academic opportunities to bright children from poor families and disadvantaged communities.
- To unlock the unexplored potential in children and young persons from disadvantaged communities by making available to them a wide variety of new local and international opportunities in the areas of education, arts, sports, science and modern technology.
- To inculcate public service values on the youth by encouraging them to participate in community development projects aimed at achieving community self-reliance and advancement.
- To protect and promote the right of education for all, as provided for under international human rights instruments.
Fund Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Exceptional academic performance: The applicant must provide documentary proof that he or she has been an outstanding pupil and that he or she is among the top three pupils in the class. Secondary school applicants must have scored a minimum of 380 marks out of 500 marks in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE).
- Dire financial need: The applicant must demonstrate that his or her family is unable to provide the funds needed to continue with school.
- Availability of funds: Scholarship grants are subject to availability of funds.
For more information or to receive copies of the scholarship application forms, write to: The Coordinator, Hilde Back Education Fund Group, Lakhamshi House, 3rd Floor, Biashara Street, P.O. Box 14741-00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya. Email address: hildebackedfund [at] yahoo.com